Sons of Aeon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Storm of the Imperial Sanctum clan.

HomeSotisLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Beacons: Good or bad?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Potatosalad
Peasant

Beacons: Good or bad? Empty
PostSubject: Beacons: Good or bad?   Beacons: Good or bad? EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 9:48 pm

One thing that has been swirling the SotIS world is beacons. People have recently realized that marine beacons, particularly the Arablest Beacon (I'm pretty sure I spelled that wrong...), are quite overpowered in public matches and have been using them almost constantly, no matter the character. I don't think I'm the only one who has noticed this (check that thread on the SotIS website and you'll know what I mean), and I think it makes for a really hard game when you have to lane with a player using a beacon, especially if your a melee character.

So what do you think is the solution to this? There's plenty of people saying they're going to be nerfed in 3.0, but do you think it's for the best or is it's a mistake? I hate beacons and I never use them, but I've had many a ruined game from a fed Unix with 8 Beacons eating everybody up. But some people like them and say they are easily avoidable if you have the strategy. I am curious to know if anybody in this site uses beacons constantly, or is strongly opposed/enjoys using beacons.

I personally think that they are frustrating especially in pub matches where they prevent you from getting money and people get fed from them. I would also be curious to know if anyone knows any easy strategies to combat the beacon onslaught, because I sure get creamed every time when it comes to beacons. I can only hope for 3.0 to nerf them or else I'm pretty much screwed...
Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
CaptainCuddles
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Beacons: Good or bad?   Beacons: Good or bad? EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 11:54 pm

Well, I'm actually taking a break from SotIS at the moment (I haven't had a kill in like the last 20 games I played, Cyprus tips?) and my take on beacons are that the stats are basically worth the item. The marine harass is hella annoying but kiting them works. However, this puts you out of lane for about 10 seconds during which you might miss some valuable experience. I usually try to tank some of the damage and tower hug because the towers will focus down on marines if they attack you. This makes them last only about 2,3 seconds each. But still, I agree that's a lot of damage done during that short time especially if there is more than 1 marine.

As for melee, I don't think melee should honestly even be able to farm early game. I would dedicate myself to harass, as long as I don't get killed in the process (yes, that damned zeratul).

In short, becons:nerf DST:win

But another thought, if the entire team decides to get purely like Coat of Arms and DST then I would see that as a legitimate strategy and lanes would cease to exist.
Back to top Go down
Zephyr
Prince
Zephyr

PostSubject: Re: Beacons: Good or bad?   Beacons: Good or bad? EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 6:50 pm

Beacons are crazy frustrating in pub matches. A trick you can do is mass beacons then with crypus, teleport to a hero and trap them. With like 10 marines helping you, they should be dead fast.

Beacons are banned in inhouse games which is good Smile

They should be nerfed like theres no tommorow. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Qwerty
Duke
Qwerty

PostSubject: Re: Beacons: Good or bad?   Beacons: Good or bad? EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 8:00 pm

Haha yeah beacons are fucking gay.

Cyprus tips? Ummm, teleport as much as fucking possible. I have had soo many kills from heros who run away at like red health, teleport near the entrance to their base, trap, then kill, sometimes, trapping isnt necessary. And then teleport out. :p Thats how a cyprus player should work. And don't forget to get shards and a hammer as well.

Back to top Go down
Zephyr
Prince
Zephyr

PostSubject: Re: Beacons: Good or bad?   Beacons: Good or bad? EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 8:07 pm

But cyprus is so boring without a charge skill Neutral
Back to top Go down
yawning
Peasant

PostSubject: Re: Beacons: Good or bad?   Beacons: Good or bad? EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 7:03 pm

bad they should be nerfed wayy to OP early game
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beacons: Good or bad?   Beacons: Good or bad? Empty

Back to top Go down

Beacons: Good or bad?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sons of Aeon :: Off Topic :: Any Subject-
Jump to: